Sunday, April 10, 2011

So it begins.....

Hello! My name is Chrissy! One Saturday afternoon, my husband had the best idea while we were trying out a new lunch place. He thought I should start a food blog! I absolutely love to cook and we try new restaurants all the time, so it seemed like a good idea to me! I plan to tell you not only about new restaurants, but also to share any new attempts at recipes with you! I am in NJ so these will be all NJ and NY places with a few thrown in from places we vacation.

With that said I will share with you the Persian Restaurant in Morristown we went to last night!  It is currently Restaurant week in Morristown, so you can find awesome deals right now! My husband, friend, and I decided to try a cuisine we had never had before! Marjan Persian Grill was amazing!!!!!  From the start the service was out of this world! For $25 per person you receieved 1 appetizer, 1 entree, 1 dessert and 1 drink!  We tried Doogh which is a Yogurt based drink with Seltzer. Its super salty! Definitely an acquired taste! I loved that our server was honest with us, saying that only 1 in 10 people like it!! We followed with appetizers. Between us we tried Mast-o-Khiyar (basically a super yummy yogurt dip), Dolmeh (Grape leaves), and Kuku-ye Sabzi ( a herb frittatta...which was a little bland for what it was but still pretty good).  My friend and I both got the same entree- Kabob-e-Barg, which was the most tender filet accompanied by fluffy saffron basmatic rice and a grilled tomato.  My husband went out on a limb and ordered Koresht-e-Fesenjoon. It was unlike anything I have ever tried before!!! The consistency was between a thick stew and a paste. It was made of crushed walnuts, sweet pomegranate sauce, and shredded chicken.  You put it with your rice and it is sweet and savory and simply irresistable! We finished with homemade Persian Ice Cream made with fresh rosewater, saffron and pistachios. I felt the rosewater was a bit too overpowering but the boys loved it! Overall the whole experience was outstanding and I would highly recommend it! Here's the website! http://marjanpersiangrill.com/

So that is it folks! Please let me know what you think of my new blog and if anyone has any questions, I will be happy to answer them! Until next time!!!

3 comments:

  1. awesome first post!! if they have a web site, link it up! people love that! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I just added the website! :) Will work on pics for next post lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WE'LL BE FOLLOWING!

    ReplyDelete