Thursday, April 14, 2011

A Little About Me

Welcome back! I figured you would all like to know a little about who you are reading about! :) Im married and about to turn 29. I was born and raised in NJ, but I have also lived in NY and KY.  My three cats are our babies, but my biological clock is really ticking! I love everything about food whether it includes watching, eating, cooking, baking or reading! 
The funny thing about my food obsession is that it didn't really begin until I moved out on my own for the first time at 19.  Until then, my mother had completely spoiled me and all I could do was make Kraft Mac and Cheese. My boyfriend (now husband) was an enthusiastic cook. Which does not mean that he was a good one! He tries really hard....always has, but he likes to try new things. New as in no one has ever tried them before.  For a reason!  So first he got me addicted to Food Network, then I realized if I didnt learn to cook we'd spend all our money on take-out!  Who knew that litle decision would lead to a complete career change?
I ended up changing my college major from Elementary Education/ Psychology to Hospitality Management/Culinary Arts!!!! So 10 years later with ALOT of cooking experience behind me, here I am! :)
I may work in another department in the Hotel now, but my love for Culinary will always be a part of me! 

Here are some pictures of food I have made. Unfortunately I've never taken many pictures...so that is something I will have to start doing! :)

             Bacon Chocolate Cupcakes:
                Cheese and Fruit Platter:
                          Pineapple Upside Down Cake:
                     Cookie Dough Truffle:
                      Cheese Souffle:
Trio of Milkshakes my old boss and friend CJ and I made
                                First Attempt at fruit carving:
                                   Seabass plateup for work...my first solo tasting:
                        Shortrib plateup for my first tasting:
                            Another cool thing CJ and I concocted for a site visit:
                            Fun decorating cookies with the family:
                           Filet plateup for tasting:
Well there we go my friends! Until next time! Hint: Next Blog will be a review of a local French Restaurant!

No comments:

Post a Comment